- For other uses, see Guacamelee (disambiguation).
Guacamelee! is a Metroidvania action platformer inspired by Mexican folklore and culture. Developed and published by Drinkbox Studios, it released on April 2013 for Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita, being ported for Windows on August of the same year.
On October 2017, Guacamelee! 2 was announced for Playstation 4, being released on August of the following year.
Plot[edit | edit source]
- See also: Good Timeline
Guacamelee! centers around the adventures of Juan Aguacate in his quest to save El Presidente's Daughter from an evil skeleton named Carlos Calaca. Juan must travel between the Living and Dead worlds during the course of the game.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Gameplay is based around the exploration aspects of the Metroidvania genre, exploring large maps while unlocking access to new areas via new abilities. Combat is a blend of striking and wrestling maneuvers, and the player is rewarded for performing multihit combos. Drop in drop out co-operative play is also available.
Super Turbo Championship Edition[edit | edit source]
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is an updated version of the game, a later release that adds new regions, expands some story elements, implement a new ability as well as a boss within one area expansion.
- New areas: Canal de las Flores and Pico de Gallo
- New abilities: El Intenso and Pollo-Bomba
- New boss: trio de la muerte
- Frenemies costume pack. This is exclusive to platforms outside PC.
- Multiplayer is expanded from co-op/two players to four players.
- Collecting Health and Stamina expansions and Mask pieces have a different visual effect.
- Discovering luchador techniques also share this change in visuals.
- Intenso expansions share this effect.
- Dual currency sets for permanent unlocks. (the addition of silver coins for costumes)
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
External LInks[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Juan Aguacate • Fray Ayayay • Carlos Calaca • Uay Chivo • El Presidente's Daughter • Diablo • Flame Face • Jaguar Javier • Tostada • Trio de la Muerte • X'tabay • Bestiary (Alebrije • Chupacabras • Esqueletos)|
|Locations||Agave Field (Casa de Juan) • Canal de las Flores • Caverna del Pollo • Chac Mool • Desierto Caliente • Forest del Chivo (Casa de Chivo) • Great Temple • Infierno (Devil's Advocate Law Attorney) • Santa Luchita • Pico de Gallo • Pueblucho (Mansión de Presidente) • Sierra Morena (Cueva de la Locura) • Temple of Rain • Temple of War • Tule Tree (Tree Tops)|
|Abilities||Dashing Derpderp • Dimension Swap • Double Jump • Frog Slam • Goat Climb • Goat Fly • Goat Jump • Intenso • Olmec's Headbutt • Pollo Power • Pollo-Bomba • Rooster Uppercut|
|Concepts||Choozo Statues • Mask Piece • Mexiverse|
|Media||Guacamelee! Achievements • Guacamelee! Soundtrack|